Image Map

March 5, 2012

I STINK!

NoOoooo, NOT me!  The book...have you heard of it?  It's a great book and the boys especially LOVE it. This week for writer's workshop we're focusing on precise words.


Our mini lesson is good writers paint a picture in our head by using precise words.  They choose words that help the reader SEE, TASTE, FEEL, SMELL, and HEAR.

As they listened to this book, students were to be thinking about some of the good word choices the author used.  We brainstormed a list of words that really helped to paint a picture in our heads.

Here's our work.


Students tried to use some precise words in their work.

2 comments:

  1. A great story for learning about alliterations too. My kids love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great book! I just gave you a 'lovely' award. Come on over to my blog and check it out.
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete