Image Map

April 15, 2015

Awesome Adjectives about US

Last week we learned about nouns, went on a Noun Hunt around school, and made Noun Town.

Next up, adjectives.  We created a list of adjectives that described us and then they created the work below.


Art has always been a huge part of my life and I incorporate it ANY way I can into my classroom.  It's amazing to see how much they progress as the year moves along.  I've never been into directed drawings or having their work all look the same.  Instead I teach them tips and tricks on how to create their piece.  I often say, "Think of shapes when you draw."

After they drew themselves I gave them mailing labels (talk about exciting) and they had to write 5 adjectives.

Here's their work!  I love how unique and individual each one is (the big eyes, pony tails, frilled skirt, huge smiles).

No comments:

Post a Comment