Image Map

April 15, 2015

Rawr...Dino Time

I ABSOLUTELY love teaching about dinos!!  I know it's because when I was in first grade I was 100% sure I was going to be a paleontologist when I grew up.  Yes, I could say that word and knew what one was. I had dino posters up in my bedroom and could name many of them. I even thought that I'd find a NEW dino and it would be named after me.  Big dreams, I know!

There was something exciting to me about being out on site digging for fossils.  I guess teaching students about them is a close second for a career...right?  I'm not sure if it sounds as appealing now that I'm no longer a 6 year old little girl.

We've been learning about many types of dinosaurs and they've been writing facts in their informational books.  After read alouds, we create a Dino Character Map.  I had a brilliant moment this year too.  Making each poster doesn't take me that long but coloring them can get tedious so I now have two students in the morning color.  This saves me time and they absolutely love it.  Plus, it's exciting to see what they'll look like when complete.  Who knows...maybe dinosaurs were really tye dye!

Here are few we've learned about.

Click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment