Image Map

May 4, 2015

Yearbook Work...What Do YOU Want to Be When You Grow Up?

We're finishing the year by working in a yearbook.  I decided to do things a bit different this year.

Usually, we fill in a photocopied yearbook but this year I decided to have the students create a hardcover book showcasing their year in first!!  We'll included the different forms of writing, text features, and of course LOTS of photos!

We've just begun but the kids are REALLY excited to work in them.  I'll show you the progress as we work through them.  So far the kids have colored the cover, added a picture with their "Special Person" poster, written a table of contents page, and wrote a caption for their first day self-portrait.


I was looking for a cute way to have the kids tell me what they want to be when they grow up.  A few years ago I painted the back of the my shelfs with chalkboard paint.  I used to let the kids write on them but eventually the chalk dust became too much.

Using a chalk marker I made a speech bubble and had the kids write inside.  I created a document in Pages with the background, font, and picture frame.  I just uploaded each picture and printed.  They'll glue these into their yearbooks and write an opinion piece.  I LOVE that some even asked if they could make a picture of what they wanted to be.

Just look at the first one!!  Doesn't that just tug at your heart?!  I mean, oh my gosh, when he said he wanted to be a daddy my heart just melted.  Of course, there was debate on if that was a job (since no $$ is involved).  I assured the kids that being a parent is the hardest job in the world.  So unbelievably adorable!!  You can click to enlarge.  My kiddos have BIG dreams!!


No comments:

Post a Comment