Image Map

April 22, 2018

My Dog Spot

With structured, guided practice students can respond to their reading!  I have taught the comprehension strategies-predicting, connections, questioning, retelling, inferring, and visualizing. Students can now independently pick a strategy and respond in their notebooks.

At times though, I have a specific lesson with a specific strategy I want them to use.  I used this book with my class to continue our work with visualizing.


I covered the front of the book and didn't show them any of the pictures.  I told them they had to visualize what the dog looked like by the descriptions the author used.  At the end, we brainstormed a list of what the dog looked like and they created an illustration.

Here's some of their work!






No comments:

Post a Comment