Image Map

September 23, 2011

Crazy Busy and Looking Like a Mad Woman

This week has been so CRAZY busy!!  I feel like a mad woman running around.

Today (crazy me) decided sponge painting and an afternoon of apple taste testing would be FANTASTIC!  With no specials I didn't even think about how I would manage this. Teachers seem to be the BEST at multi-tasking and making things look simple when in our heads we're saying, "What in the world was I thinking?!"

Well the painting went great.  We read The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree and talked about each season. The kids also completed writing this week telling which was their favorite.

After lunch we had an apple taste test.  The kiddos tried apples, juice, applesauce, apple crisp, apple jelly, and apple cereal.  They LOVED the food!

Of course I WANTED to take pictures but my camera battery died.  Just my luck!  I managed to get one picture and will post more on Monday.


Poor Bennett (above) had a loose tooth all day that was just itching to come out.  The class was even cheering him on at the end of the day to get it out.  It looked quite painful as he wiggled it around throughout the day with his tongue. FINALLY, his tooth appeared in his hand.  

A pic will here Monday of Bennett with his tooth necklace. It's SO exciting!!  His classmates were just as ecstatic when they saw the tooth.  He's the first student to lose one at school this year.  Oh, the day in the life of a first grader...

No comments:

Post a Comment