Image Map

June 15, 2012

Common Core for Writing

I've spent the last two days at a writing workshop looking at the Common Core.  Each grade level built a skeleton framework and we'll spend the next couple of years gathering materials.

I wanted to see if any of you are diving into this and if there were any websites you found useful.

It would be nice to see how others are implementing this, lesson plan ideas, writing samples, and assessment checklists/rubrics.

Let me know if you've found anything that's really helped you and might help me!!

Now,  I plan on resting my brain for a bit!

3 comments:

  1. I've been working on Common Core too. Pinterest is rampant with Common Core. This is one thing I found on a blog, but honestly I haven't looked at it in too much detail yet.
    http://www.readtennessee.org/teachers/common_core_standards/1st_grade.aspx
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! Pinterest was one of the first places that popped up with many ideas.

      Laurie

      Delete
  2. I plan on spending time this summer working on familiarizing myself with the core and aligning it to my curriculum. I will let you know if I find anything helpful! :)

    Morning Sun First Grade

    ReplyDelete