Image Map

November 3, 2016

More on Inferring

We're continuing to work with inferencing.

I have found so many great books on Amazon and have snatched them right up.  Here are the books we've used this week.

The Black Rabbit is a story about a white rabbit who has a black rabbit following him everywhere.  He continues to try to get away and finally does once he enters the deep, dark woods.  The only problem is he meets up with a wolf and has to escape.  Will Black Rabbit save him?

The kids were to infer the black rabbit was his shadow.


Here are some examples.


Next up, I read Never, EVER Shout in a Zoo.  I normally teach cause and effect with this picture book but it's also good for inferencing.

This is a story about a girl who drops her ice cream cone and shouts.  All of the animals are soon set free, a stampede occurs, and chaos begins!  The people are even put into the pens!



At the end of the story the little girl is standing next to a frozen dinosaur exhibit ready to shout. Students made an inference by thinking about what they know and the clues from the story.  Here are their conclusions.


Check back soon to see the next book I use.  I have a FUN lesson to do with them where they'll be creating a class book.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of The Black Rabbit! I'll have to check it out. I just can't ever have enough books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cute book. I agree, now that I have Amazon Prime that's a good enough reason to buy more!

      Delete