Image Map

October 22, 2017

A Look at Our Week

This week we focused on, "Readers make connections."

I always use Scaredy Squirrel to begin my mini-lessons.  I mean, he's AFRAID of everything and kids can relate to him.  Students had to write one thing they were afraid of and share what they'd use to help with their fear.  They also made Scaredy Squirrels to go with their writing.

Here are a few examples.






I also used the book, Knuffle Bunny.  Students responded in their Readers' Notebooks about a time they lost something.







I introduced Narrative Writing this week.  Students created Heart Maps where they listed topics they could write about.

After listening to a read aloud about mom, I modeled what I did with my mom as a child, and they practiced.




And last but not least, here are our CRAZY pumpkins!  I love making these every year.  

To make these you need:
-Orange construction paper
-White pastels
-Red, orange, and yellow paint

Have students draw the outline of their pumpkin with the white pastel.  Starting with red paint begin painting, then add orange, yellow, and blend.

Once dry make your VERY own unique face.

No comments:

Post a Comment