Image Map

October 8, 2017

Writer's Workshop: Opinion

We have now been focusing on opinion writing.  In first grade, students should be able to state their opinion, give a reason, and write a wrap up sentence.

I always begin Writer's Workshop with a mini-lesson, read aloud, modeled writing, Quiet 10 (where they work on their illustrations), independent writing, and share.

Here's what we've worked on this week!

We've talked a lot about the seasons!  Students had to share what their favorite season was.



Students shared what pet they would want, if they could pick ANY animal!






Then, we narrowed down our animal list to just Dog vs. Cat.  I was SO surprised that there were so many kids that would rather have a cat than dog.  Can you believe it?!  I'm partial to dogs and even I couldn't sway them!



I didn't intend to paint but after our work I changed up the plans a bit and said, "Let's paint!"  I absolutely LOVE kid's artwork.  Look how adorable these dogs and cats are!












I'm sure your child has many opinions now that we've been practicing!  Have they convinced you of anything yet?

And as you can see, this is how much I LOVE kid's artwork!  They're now obsessed with drawing on the board.  This took a couple of days for them to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment