Image Map

March 30, 2011

You Know You're a Teacher When...

Abby, at The Inspired Apple, is doing a Linky Party!  Join in...

You know you’re a teacher when…

*your collection of really COOL stickers (especially smelly stickers) takes up a shelf in your cabinet.
*you buy your own personal laminator so you can laminate ANYTIME of the day or night.
*you don’t make time during the day for a bathroom break but don't realize it until the end of the day.
*you do a quick little dance when supplies are donated to your class.
*you’ve memorized kid’s songs (we listen to Dr. Jean) and you find yourself singing along.  I really love when one song just goes around and around in my head!
*speaking your sentences don’t always make sense but your kiddos seem to understand.  My kids are now picking up on my foolish mistakes.
*you continually misplace items you JUST had in your hand.
*you find yourself getting wrapped up in creating your OWN art project while the kids work on their own.
*you find yourself having conversations about Justin Bieber with your six/seven year old students.
 *your shoe choices and styles seem to change over the years from uncomfortable to comfortable shoes.  When I first started teaching I wore kitten heels, now wedges...but most often flat ballet shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I totally have a personal laminator, too!!! It works great in emergencies!!!

    ReplyDelete