Image Map

January 24, 2017

I Don't Like Koala

What to do on a snow day??  How about progress reports, RTI, reading assessments, and typing a quick post.

I've taught all reading strategies (predicting, questioning, connecting, inferring, visualizing, and summarizing) to students now and we practice them in reading groups.

Once a week I have them respond in their Reader's Notebooks whole group.  This week I used the book, I Don't Like Koala.


This year after seeing Lester Laminack I made the decision to read the majority of my read alouds as a movie with no interruptions!  At the end of the story I asked students to pick one strategy and to respond to the story.  

Here are a few of the responses.







I marked at the bottom of their page what strategy they used.  The next time we meet I'm going to have them check back to see which one they used and have them respond with a different strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment