Image Map

November 10, 2014

It's Never too Late for a Scary Halloween Story

So I've been meaning to share our class book about Halloween...and now it's November!  It's never too late right?

I introduce narrative writing by starting with a class book.  Our mini-lesson was a narrative has a beginning, middle, and end.  We brainstormed the "Who," "What," "When," 'Where," and "Why" together.  Working on wipe off boards we voted on the direction we wanted our story to go.

I quickly, and yes it looked quite messy, wrote it on large chart paper so we could remember from day to day where we left off.  Once our story was completed I wrote it on large drawing paper and they illustrated.

I had two students read it at our first grade lunch.  They were quite excited to share.  I mean our assistant principal turned into a zombie and our principal was a witch.  YIKES!!  That might not have been the scariest part though.  I think the kids and I agreed the scariest part was Mr. Cyr and Ms. Tuell eating ALL of the candy without us!

Sit back and enjoy...oh and I hope you don't get too scared.














No comments:

Post a Comment