Image Map

October 3, 2015

A Glimpse into Opinion Writing

For our first trimester we focus on Opinion Writing.  We've been working slowly at getting into the routine and expectations of Writer's Workshop.  I've focused in on conventions and writing a complete thought.

I use notebooks that I found at Walmart and section them off into 3 parts (Opinion, Narrative, and Informational).


Here are some of the opinion pieces we've worked on.

Do you like your name?
Would you be friends with Mean Jean?
Do you like apples?
What's your favorite season?
What was your favorite activity at the apple orchard?



I model like CRAZY, talking through the process as I write.  We also brainstorm a list of words they might like to have on the board.  

Before they conference with me they need to reread, check over conventions, and that sight words are spelled correctly.  My goal is to have them write about something meaningful, make them feel like they are all GOOD writers, and that they are successful.

Next week we're going to try some narrative writing so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment