Image Map

September 10, 2013

Meet Maddie and a Bit about Math

Meet Maddie!!


We completed our FIRST math journal page today.  So...exciting...! We've also been working on wipe off boards, in our math notebooks, and learning about math tools.

This week I'll be introducing BUILD.  Check out Adventures in Teaching to read more about this.

B-Buddy Games
U-Using Manipulatives
I-Independent Reading
L-Learning Numbers
D-Doing Math

Once the kiddos have completed the lesson they are able to pick an option to go to.  This is set up like the Daily 5 where they have options to choose from.  During this time I can meet with small groups to work on skills or help to complete math pages.

Yesterday I introduced "Buddy Games" and today I showed them "Using Manipulatives."  I added some number puzzles in for them to use this week.

I'm going to try using these bins this year.  I had tall storage containers that just didn't seem to work last year.




Keep checking back in to see what we've been up to!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree. It's such a GREAT idea. My kids loved it last year!!

      Delete