Image Map

September 27, 2013

Writer's Workshop

We've been working on Narrative Writing this week.

I always begin with the book Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge.


I shared some memories (happy and sad) I had with my students.  Then they shared their memories.  We created a Heart Map with topics they can write about.  They'll begin using this during writing time.

We wrote about mom and dad this week.  I read the big books below and had the kiddos read along with me.  Then I modeled how I would focus in on one idea and stay on topic.


Here are a few examples.



I also introduced Informational Writing.  The kids wrote about their field trip to the apple orchard.  I showed them that some informational books have borders.  They created one, added pics, and wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment