Image Map

October 16, 2016

Narrative Writing

I introduced our next form of writing that we'll be working with.  Students learned that a narrative piece can be a real or made up story.

I always focus on what we know and begin with writing about our families.

After listening to a read aloud about mom, students turned and talked about what they liked doing with their moms, and we brainstormed a list.

I modeled how my narrative piece would look and then students practiced.


Here are some finished pieces.

Joeley: This is my mom.  I like to make cookies with my mom.  That is what I do with my mom.
Brady: I love my mom.  I hug my mom.  That is what I do with my mom.
Nevaeh: I love my mom.  We walk around and talk.  That is what I do with my mom.
Hannah: I love my mom.  Me and my mom lay Lego Harry Potter.  That is a video game.  That is what I do with my mom.
Olivia: I love my mom.  I like to cook with my mom.  That is what I do with my mom.
Ryleigh: I love my mom.  We love to go to the park together.  That is what I do with my mom!
Stella: I love my mom!  We went to a friend's house.  That is what I do with my mom.
Ronan: This is my mom.  We play with my Pokemon.  That is what I do with my mom.
Natalee: I love my mom.  We make cookies.  that is what I do with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment