Image Map

December 5, 2012

What's Your Favorite Gingerbread Story?

We've finished reading different versions of The Gingerbread Man!

Today, kids turned and talked about their favorite book and then wrote an opinion piece.  We tallied up which book was the favorite (Gingerbread Pirates WON) and gave reasons why we might like each book.

ALL kids have an opinion, but I will say my class is getting better at giving LOTS of reasons why and writing a wrap up sentence.

Here are some samples of their work today.


Working in groups they had to write one reason why they liked the book and create a wrap up sentence.  It was quite cute when I began taking pictures.  Most wanted an ACTION shot of them running.






As I'm posting these pics I noticed that YMCA came up in a couple of their closing sentences.  Now how in the world did that get past me?  I can't wait to ask them about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment